Thursday, November 22, 2007

Delhi Half Marathon Pictures

This being my first ever Delhi event, I had ordered pictures from the official event photographers. When running along Rajpath, I had noticed photographers huddled near the lane dividers merrily clicking away. I also remembered to smile :-) Well, after a longish wait, my pictures and video are here. I am dissappointed with the video since I was expecting it to be personalized (shots of me plodding away) rather than a generic sort of newsclip. I know I will not order the video again.

Here are the video and my snaps. Looking at them again refreshed memories of Delhi. I am happy they turned out alright.




















I also want to thank the people who made this happen. This was my first time in Delhi and you folks opened your houses/guest bedrooms/bars :-, your cars, without a moment's hesitation, and more importantly your heart and hearth. You changed your previously laid plans, went out of your way.... even getting directions to destinations on the fly.

Vipul, Leena, Binku and Samira
Thank you very much for everything, indulging my every whim - food, drink, ICE :-) , driving me everywhere across town to Ansal Plaza, RK Puram and wherever else took my fancy, changing your Sunday schedule and making me so welcome. Binku, I loved the long drive to your school and the school itself. I was terribly impressed you have APP's Eye in the Sky on your iPod.

Arjun, Sulochana, Puri Aunty
Thank you for giving me a place to gather my thoughts before my big event, for including me in your plans on Saturday. Puri Aunty, we love your pickles. Arjun, thank you so much for hooking me up with Sandeep to help me get to Nehru Park

Sandeep,
Thank you for ferrying me too and fro, waiting up for me even though I took an hour to finish after you did and another hour to get my timing certificate. Thanks for the ride home to RK Puram.

Finally this is what I ran for and this medal is all on account of you.


A heart felt warm thank you!!!

No comments: