Thursday, November 15, 2007

Running again

After the Delhi Half Marathon, I was nursing a sprained foot for a while. The outside edge of my right foot just ahead of the arch and on the arch itself hurt majorly. In keeping with good practice though, I did go out and run an easy 5 laps of KNP to get the kinks out. Post that, I was still in pain and decided it definitely was not worth busting my foot..so I stopped.

For about two weeks after, I was not running with the intent of resting my foot, working out the possible ligament sprain... of course Diwali, vacations in Tarkarli also intervened.

This week, I started running again...nothing much .. easy runs... On Tuesday, I went to the newly laid running track at PYC. It is unmarked right now, but appears to be around 320m or so. I ran on track after a long time and while it muddied my shoes hajaar, it was softer on my feet. I ran for around 20 minutes or so, around 7 laps

On Wednesday, I returned back to KNP starting out at 8:00 AM. After warmup, I ran 6 laps in 20:56 minutes for an easy pace of around 3:30 a lap.
Today, I ran 7 laps in 23:48 starting out with an easy lap of 3:34, and maintaining the same pace.

I have signed up for the Stanchart Mumbai Marathon. I will be running the same distance - the half marathon on January 20th

It feels good to be back :-)

No comments: