Monday, December 31, 2007

December running

I have been lazy in posting to this blog and so on the last day of 2007, it is time to list my running exploits in December.

It's been an "on again, off again" kind of month - the temperatures swaying from 9 deg C to 13 deg C in the mornings - proportional to which my ability to get my sorry backside out of bed and lace up have swung too. I have not run a lot in December overall; and that worries me especially considering the Mumbai half is round the corner.

On 19th December, I ran 6 laps in Chittaranjan Vatika (CV) in 23:48 minutes, doing a sub-4 lap on average. On 20th, I broke the 30 minute barrier on 10 laps in Kamala Nehru Park (KNP) clocking 29:59 mins. 21st was an iffy 18:40 on 6 laps in KNP.

On the 22nd, I went running in the evening at 5:00 PM. The crowd in KNP was mostly nannies with young kids and young college kids monopolizing the benches. I ran an even 6 laps in 20 minutes, the heat sapping away any pace.

Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day gave me the perfect excuse not to run. I finally got out on Boxing Day to KNP for 7 laps in 23:11 mins. My final run of December was on the 28th, when I ran the same 7 laps in 22:36 minutes, at a tempo pace starting out with a 3:04 lap, followed by 3:11 lap, slowing down and putting in a 2:56 lap 5.

Had great hopes of running today - the last day of the year, but cooked breakfast for the Most Wondrous instead to thank her for being supportive of my running (yeah, right - another excuse :P)

No comments: