Friday, September 28, 2007

Runner's Log

Today I ran 11 laps (7.04K) in 40:08 mins. All week, I have been increasing a lap each day and today I have got back to my previous high mileage of 7.04K. Started out after warm-up with an easy lap, surprising myself with the 3:36 time. I was running with no exertion and still doing a near 3:30 was great. Continued at the same pace till lap 6 when fatigue began to set in. Some days, the fates conspire with you to let you do your own thing. Today, the fates brought along the PYP (Pretty Young Pacemaker). Just keeping ahead of her meant I was doing 3:30 or less per lap which was great. She dropped off around lap 9 and I continued on to complete 11 laps. Doing this distance near abouts 40 mins was immensely satisfying. Cooled down with a compulsive stretch routine, heading home to a high carbo, high protein (read nuts) cereal and milk breakfast.
Overall mileage this week:~ 24K

No comments: