Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Delhi nama....

As the Jet Airways airplane cruises at an altitude of 35K feet plus (this will obviously get posted once I am on the ground), I am sort of in a happy glow. I made it...I have run enough miles, I got my airline tickets, thanks to some accumulated air miles, I have arrangements for transportation, stay etc.
I am just so happy...

Jet as usual has good cabin service despite delays taking off from Pune airport. The thing I like about them - Jet gives me a meal with linen napkins and real cutlery - not some paper tissue/plastic fork combo. Now I know all about restrictions and the possible threat that steel cutlery may represent, but plastic forks with sharp edges that cut the sides of your mouth... gimme a break. They treat me like a guest, not a passenger.

This is the first time I am traveling after Jet changed their cabin crew uniforms. I must admit the uniforms work... the fine embroidery on the serving aprons, the sleeve cuffs and the canary yellow jackets... this whole ensemble looks different and elegant.

Delhi weather is predicted to be nice over the next two days, maximum temperatures hovering around 32 degrees C. The important point is humidity is predicted at 32% on Sunday which should make for a drier run (unlike Mumbai early this year)

The route got published finally on the Vodaphone Half Marathon website and from what I can make out, there is just one steep climb. It appears most of the route has tree lined avenues. The start time is 7:45 AM

I will stay with friends in Gurgaon most of the time, except Saturday night when I go to another friend's place in RK Puram. Apparently this location is close to Nehru Park from where the race begins.

I can't wait....

No comments: