Friday, October 12, 2007

A week's worth of running

Decided to skip running last Tuesday, cannot remember why. On Wednesday, I ran 12 laps of KNP in 44:49:42, averaging about 3:40 mins which is good. Thursday was an easy 6 laps in 23:05. Friday was 7 laps in 24:00:71, one lap better than Thursday.

After I finished running/cooling down, I headed back home. Along the way I passed this couple on a bike; overheard a small portion of a conversation in Hindi. She was leaning over as they talked, blowing out tendrils of cigarette smoke in an uber- cool fashion, her loose locks falling over her glasses... who she is I don't know and don't care... she just epitomized how young feels.....IMMORTAL ...man! that feels awesome... that's how I feel when I run.

The best laid plans of a long run over the weekend were put paid by laziness and late nights in that order. On Saturday night, I went to see an Indian fusion band called Naad Brahma. Consisting of a veteran flautist, a businessman drummer, young guitarist, a young lad on the western drums, a veteran tabla player, and the like, this band weaves some very melodious harmony with the great staccato rhythm of the various percussion instruments. They were simply great and the location was nice and cozy.

Today (Monday October 15th) after dropping the wife and kids, I went to Chittaranjan Vatika. It was already close to 9:00 AM by the time I started. Pune though is still pleasantly cool and so it was as good a time as any. Warmed up and ran 8 laps in 34:35:59 mins. Don't really know what the length of the Chittaranjan loop is, but feels like about 600m. Had a good run; need to keep running all this week.

The Delhi Marathon is round the corner and the route has been published (Here is Tanvir's post on the route). Not knowing too much about Delhi, I don't know what to expect, but it is a loop: 11 K up and 11 K down more or less.

I also got my racing number by email. I am # 5121.
I am excited about the prospect.. now all we wait for is when the actual race begins.

No comments: