Monday, October 8, 2007

Running Weekend

On Saturday, I ran 15 laps of KNP in 53:52:03. If my odometer is correct, that translates to around 9.6 KM. I did not start out with any ideas of running these many laps... some days, you go with the flow. I started out well with my usual easy pace and continued till a PYP came along. My target was 12 laps which I had done this week and the PYP helped push it over to 15 laps. Was a good run.

I struggled out of bed on Sunday - the usual mental games of "but you just ran 15 laps yesterday... It's Sunday for crying out loud, etc". Somehow I convinced my sorry self to get out of bed and lace up. I wanted a long run, but somehow my brain wanted nothing more than to have a good cuppa with the Sunday newspapers. One step after another - I told myself. Started out after warming up at 7:20 something AM.

I have calibrated the Bhandarkar Road loop at 2.69 KM. I start out next to Ranade Institute, go up BMCC Road, climbing the incline near Marathwada Mitra Mandal, past BMCC college to Law College Road, and down Bhandarkar Road, through Good Luck Chowk, back to Ranade Institute on Ferguson College Road. Three laps of this loop and I was bored; besides the idea of climbing up the incline was daunting, so I continued down Ferguson College Road towards its far end near Police Grounds, turning back there to come back to Good Luck Chowk. The FC Road loop is around 3 KM. In total, I ran 11.14K in 88:00:34 minutes. Headed home for a litre of water, cool down exercises and to get out of my extremely wet togs.

The day after a long run is mentally dreadful. I have to play all sorts of mind games to get running again. Dropped the kid off today and went to KNP for a leisurely 6 lap run in 22:52:64. No pace, sheer running for the sake of running. 6 laps is my entry fee to KNP and I completed that with twinges of pain in my right heel, left calf and a few other places.

All in all, a good running weekend.

No comments: