Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Two runs

Monday October 1st was the dreaded morning after..... the long run. Dreaded because it's sort of a chore to lace up after you have just run a distance you did not do in a while and are feeling very chuffed about it.. why don't I skip today? ..after all I did run close to 11K yesterday. Regardless, this time around I tried to shake myself out of the self congratulatory slumber. Dropped the kid at school, went to KNP and ran 6 laps in 21:53. Not my best timing for this, but I was happy that I did get off my ample you-know-what to run.

In the spirit of Gandhi Jayanti or International Day of Non-Violence, I did not run (what a lame excuse.)

Went to see Dhammal yesterday with the kids and the Most Wondrous. In general, I try and stay away from these, only to be dragged to such waste-of-time movies as Golmaal or Tom, Dick and Harry (all of which my kids absolutely enjoy). In fact, I did kwetch at the Most Wondrous about the sheer waste of money in watching the last mentioned waste-of-time movie.
What a laugh riot. This has to be the best slapstick comedy I have seen this year. First, the show was completely packed and there were people even in the first row of the movie theatre. Second, my kids and the Most Wondrous were in splits all movie long (that alone makes it पैसा वसूल ) and so was the rest of the audience. I liked it - non complicated plot lines, some genuine slap stick humour and intelligent.. why intelligent?
OK, my favourite part of the movie is when Bose (a chit fund cheat... hmmm wonder who that reminds me of..), after telling his story of the buried 10 crore rupees which none of the four leads in the movie believes, leaps up from "dead" and reiterates "मरने वाला आदमी झूट नही बोलता " and then lolls his head and gives up his temporal body. As he completes his final throes of death... his foot kicks a पत्रे कि बाल्टी ... get it? he kicked the bucket . I was tres impressed and laughed a lot.

Today, I decided to tweak my schedule (wow, that sounds like such a positive statement) and make sure the other kid was ready for her school before I left her and the Most Wondrous to manage the drop-off. So, started running after my warm up at 8:30 AM (don't like to start this late, the sun is up and there are not enough people in the park to show off at :o) ). Today's first lap was easy, no exertion 3:36, and I sort of started dropping seconds after that, the second lap was 3:52, retuning my running strategy, I ran at a slower pace going for at least 10 laps. Lap 10 was around 36:19 and I decided to push on for another two laps. Finished 12 laps today in 43:54.

I am happy about a couple of things - one, my first lap which is usually easy and no exertion still ranges around 3:30 to 3:36, which is great considering I used to take almost 4 minutes at one point per lap. The second thing is I used to take up to 44 minutes for 11 laps and now I am sub 44 on 12 which is way cool.

Keep on trucking....

1 comment:

Sandeep Tawde said...

Good, are the SGs and APs in the vodafone blog the SG and AP I know?