Monday, August 27, 2007

Injuries or... excuses not to run

Over the past few days, I have had a niggling ache in my left calf that just won't go away. On Saturday, I decided enough was enough and went running anyway. After 6 laps (3.84K) in 21:46, I was in pain.. also from a stitch.. I hobbled and then stopped ..gasping for breath, holding onto my side.. I think that was what prompted a grandmotherly type to ask if I was OK and if I had any chest pain.

That was the last straw and I walked the next laps. Sunday was on off day on account of the calf ache (which no amount of stretching or massaging seems to relieve)

Today (Monday) I decided not to strain my legs and went to the gym instead. Weighed in at 101.38 KG (gasp..........wasn't it only a few days ago that I was sub 100 :o( ..)

Anyway, did weights and leg exercises (go figure). Squats with 40 lbs, Power Lunges with 35 lbs, forward and reverse leg curls with 50 lbs.

I will abstain from rice and potatoes for the next little while as well as go back to the gym to do legs and back exercises twice a week. That only leaves 5 days to work on the mileage. (waaaaaaaaaaaaa...)

No comments: