Monday, August 20, 2007

Two good runs

Saturday August 18th
I wanted to start early, it being a Saturday and all that (i.e. no dropping the kids to school or other such chores). I even woke up early only to end up at KNP at 7:54 AM which is more or less the usual time :o)

Started out well and went on even better to complete 7.04 KM in 41:31:56, my best time so far.
Rounded off the week well with around 35KM

Warmup: 10 minutes: stretches, 1 Lap walk

Sunday was another day off - felt truly lazy. Woke up late and went through my usual kilo of newspapers with a quarter litre cup of great tea.

Monday August 20th
Had only one kid to drop off this morning so went to run at 7:44 AM. Did the ritual one lap of walking/ambling. Am starting a sort of a new warm-up routine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwlgnsg7nPQ and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyEF12KAlm8 ), which starts with neck rotations, arms and upper chest, pelvis, legs, ankles, situps/squats, stretches ... the works.. Took a little longer than usual.

Started out with a lap of 3:44 and maintained that time more or less till 5 laps. At the 6th or 7th lap (can't remember which) I got overtaken by a guy who normally walks. The good old competitive spirit fired and I ran the lap in 3:10/3:15 overtaking the guy and not letting up. That felt good, but I paid the price in the next laps running 4:30 and 4:00
Regardless I finished 11 laps (7.04 KM) in 41:58:11. For about 30 minutes after, I belaboured under the misapprehension that I had run about 18 seconds better than my Saturday time, only to come home and realise I ran 22 seconds over. Chal koi nahi yaar, aur kabhi.

Have started a cooldown routine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNxClAlcaNg); one lap walk + stretches and other stuff. Should take a bottle of water to hydrate right there.

Overall two good runs; timings better than 42:15 which was my previous PB :o)

No comments: